Just another drive to work

Saturday, January 9, 2010

If you happened to drive along the Dharmahusada street on this lovely Saturday morning and heard a sudden high pitched shrieking voice, thy shall not worry, you have not just made a flatbread out of a wandering cat. It was in fact the voice of yours truly, jamming along Jack White on the electric guitar part of Seven Nation Army. A cup of bold robusta, a great short story by S.J. Perelman, and a rocking White Stripes album to accompany the drive to the office, I can't think of any better way to start your Saturday. Oh wait, how about not driving to the office?

It is an unfortunate turn of event, but for once, the natural order of the universe has been disturbed and I need to act as the bread winner while mother is chilling at home on Saturday. I know exactly what you think, how dare she! OK, warning peeps, Black Math is playing, here comes the head bopping. Truth to be told, mother is not exactly just chilling at home. After our trip to NZ, that ingrate Sus Siti has decided to take a vacation herself. Again, I know exactly what you think, how dare she! I'm just kidding, you're an A plus Sus Siti, come back soon? Honest to blog, I'd rather go to the office than replace her duties at home, so I need to suck it and stop griping the rest of this day. After all, isn't it just a wonderful day today? Sure indeed, and I will be stuck at work. OK, seriously, stop griping! And since the car in front of you just splits to two, stop bopping as well.

Maybe I could go out and take pictures after work. Office ends early on Saturday, 3pm-ish, I could venture the interesting town of Surabaya and meet the various characters in it. Sounds like a plan ... or I could just pray for a hefty rain which would inhibit outdoor activity and force me to switch to plan B: wrap myself with a blanket at home. Hmmm, state of dormancy. OK, red light, time to take the air electric guitar out from the compartment. Steady, you don't want the street vendor to think that you want to buy the whole bulk of whatever he's selling.

I could make pizza after work and watch a marathon of good movies for the whole night, the whole Saturday night. OMG, have I just wept while mouthing the words of I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself? And I'm one minute away from the office. Come back good happy mood, I desperately need you! Oh, uhm, hello office mates, nice to meet y'all, I have news for you, you're all fired. Good bye and Happy Saturday to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment