Wednesday

Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's cloudy with a chance of rain here in Surabaya and that's just the way I like it. I woke up this morning with Beth Rowley's You've Got Me Wrapped Me Around Your Little Finger playing in the loop inside my still mushy brain and it really set the mood of my day. Yes, it is going to be a mellow yellow Wednesday in the peyo universe and I welcome it with open arms after the crazy hyper kinetic Tuesday.

That was the optimist me this morning. Unfortunately, a few hours of work has sentenced mellow peyo to hell. The extreme noise pollution, the constant swirl of people, and the general tenseness of never ending problems really have the wonderful effect of driving my head to the wall.

At home after work, I popped a bottle of Storm, not the best beer in the world, but it is the best beer I could get my hands on living in Surabaya. Feeling warm and fuzzy, I set off against the raining darkness to the nearest Mall to acquire my comfort food, KFC chickens and McD fries and chocolate sundae.

Yes, it is peyo's night of indulgence! Accompanied by Up in the Air, I devoured all those food with pure abandonment. Of course by the time the movie was over and I have licked the last chocolate of the sundae, the alcohol effect started to wear off, the reasoning conveniently started to have the edge in the constant struggle against the id, and the food I have eaten started to feel like a cardboard box.

Never mind, life is all about balance. Yin and Yang, the good and the bad, the healthy wise choice and the stupid but at-the-time satisfying choice. In other words, I'm scheduling next Wednesday night for the same program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment