It Won't Be Soon Before Long

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I want to not acknowledge the new year and skip right ahead to my regularly absurd and pointless posts about mundane topics, but I feel like I'm cheating if I do so. So here is an absurd and pointless post about the new year...

And so it goes, 2008 has been swept away from our sight and here comes the beginning of 2009. Ahh, the beginning of the year, the time of hope, excitement, plans and resolutions. Whoop Dee Doo, I'm so psyched ...

Okay, I'm not much of a resolution type of person. I'm what I like to call a realist. To tell the truth, even I know that it's just a euphemism for a hard core pessimist that I truly am. Making resolutions is just flat out setting up yourself for a painful disappointment in the year end. Seriously, why end the year with a burden of realization of your failures? One thing I know about myself, I'm not very good at dealing with disappointment.

So there it is, even though people are spewing their resolutions for everyone else to hear and to be amazed upon, I managed to repressed myself from proclaiming anything.

But, I've been thinking recently about the yesteryear, and I just realized that it was the year where I picked up, adopted, and caressed photography as a hobby I couldn't live without. Now, I couldn't think what I have been doing before to keep me getting up in the morning. Actually, I know, it was movies, lots and lots of movies. Also, junk food, lots and lots of junk food. And okay, the movies and junk food are still my drugs of choice, but photography has been a good addition to my ammunition and has become the prominent one.

2008 also provided me with chances to take trips to different places in Indonesia. I went to 4 different cities: Yogyakarta, Bali, Jakarta, and Medan. I think I was happiest when I was doing those trips. It was a joy to see different cultures and ways of living of people in Indonesia. Indonesia is an amazing place to do travel and trips. A place to live? Not really. A place for traveling? Definitely!

So, with that in mind, here are several things that I'd like to achieve in 2009:
1) Keep taking pictures!
2) Keep traveling!
3) Keep blogging!

Yes, all the exclamation marks are important. They're all related really. In order to keep me motivated with taking pictures, I need to do some traveling. To keep me from slacking of from editing my pictures, I need to feel that I have an obligation to post my pictures on my blog. Blogging is also a great way to build up my non-existent writing skills. Plus, I do somewhat like blogging, if I'm in the mood of course :P

Anything more ambitious than that will be a torture. Anything more serious and in relation to real life will be a suicide.

So, here's to 2009. Cheers everyone!

P.S: Forgive me, in case you haven't noticed, I'm a downer. Just bare with me ^^;

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A place to live? Not really. A place for traveling? Definitely!"

really? I think I should try that..

peyo said...

Haha, have I succeeded in convincing you Yun? Let's go for a trip together!

Post a Comment