Rants we have plenty!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A twenty something story high building, only 2 out of 4 working elevators, the lady was not happy.
Oh my God, how long do we have to wait!

This is ridiculous! Ridiculous!

Great, great, one elevator finally is here but it fills up to the max at once. Us three can't get in! This is absurd! Absurd!
While performing her passionate monologue to the reluctant audience, she managed to get an eye contact with the unlucky building officer and decided that inserting a dialogue would be the perfect variation needed for her play.
Unhappy Lady: Hey officer, why aren't the 2 elevators working? This is unacceptable! Unacceptable!

Hapless Officer: I'm really sorry mam, the two elevators stopped working this morning, we're trying to fix them asap. My apology for the inconvenience.

Unhappy Lady: Inconvenience! You bet this is an inconvenience! *grumble, babble, mumble*
OK, I was wrong, the officer wasn't that hapless afterall since he managed to exit the stage safely not long after. Us, however, had to hear her further whining and moaning for another good 5 minutes or so. But, finally, thank goodness, the other elevator arrived ...
At last! At last! But, my oh my, how horrendous! This is not a regular elevator. This is a freight elevator! And an ugly one at that!

Yuck! I can smell the smoke in here! Disgusting! Disgusting!
The lady seemed to enjoy repeating her adjectives. I told myself to be patient since it would be over soon, but I never thought that soon was 5 seconds later ...
Hey, this is our floor. Let's go! Come on, let's go! Quick, quick! , she informed the supporting casts of obeying husband and son.
The closing of the elevator door was the closing of the curtain of her play and with that I sighed a sigh of relief. But what a quick ride it was for her. I checked what floor we were at and I was in disbelief. Ground floor? She stopped at the Ground floor? We were at the Lower Ground floor, and she only needed to go to the Ground floor? That's one freaking floor away! Oh my goodness lady, you could have burned less calorie by taking the stairs! Instead you spent a gazillion calories spewing all kinds of complaints and forced us to be the audience of your soapbox rants!

Unbelievable! Just unbelievable!

2 comments:

vion said...

Glad to find a person who determines not to take the easy way out, no? It's so rare to find nowadays!! :P

peyo said...

Say (lazy) vion,

When can I expect a new blog post from you?

*I fully expect a strong reprimand from you once you've read this. Ganbattene vion-chan :) :) :)

Post a Comment