Maybe she would value a robot more than a daughter ...

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Conversation during lunch:
Mom: So, should we cook bistik (Dutch: biefsteak, English: beefsteak) or chicken soup for dad?
Me: Chicken Soup!
Mom: Oh, but I've already asked Bik Yah to buy the ingredients for bistik.
Me: ... so, why did you even ask?

Late Saturday afternoon at work:
Mom: Me (my nickname), if you want to leave early from work that's ok.
Me: No, that's ok, it's almost closing hour anyway.
Mom: That's ok, just leave early, or do you want to go to Bonnet first and do the grocery?
Me: No, I want to go out and take pictures after work.
Mom: But, it's cloudy outside. So, Bonnet? *grinning*
Me: *sigh* Fine...

I swear this happens all the time. Imagine the psychological impact it has on me! Maybe I should consider seeing a shrink. Hmm, it might be hard to find one in Surabaya, and I definitely don't want to be placed at Menur instead.

Note: Menur, a shorthand for Rumah Sakit Jiwa Menur (Menur Mental Assylum), a place where they throw people with mental illnesses in Surabaya.

So, the question is: Is it just my mom, or is this a common thing for moms?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well as far as I know...my mom did the same thing *sigh*

peyo said...

Yay, I'm not alone!! ... sigh*

Post a Comment